Thursday, December 4, 2008

Thank God I Have No Family or I Wouldn't be Qualified to be Sec. of Homeland Security

My dear Gov. Ed Rendell recently commented on Barack Obama's pick for Sec. of Homeland Security, Janet Napolitano.



Sad to say, his comments leaves me feeling ill, and reminiscent of when Nancy Pelosi took office as Speaker of the House--She has a family, maybe she shouldn't do that. The flip side to this is Janet Napolitano "has no family" so she would be perfect for the job because she can devote 19-20 hours a day to it." So it doesn't matter that she was named by Time magazine one of the top 5 governors in 2005. Or other qualifications she may have, what matters is whether or not she has a family. On a side note, really 2o hours a day, when does she sleep?

This is also similiar to Sarah Palin. She has a bunch of kids, blah, blah, blah. Enough! We should have been focusing on her political philosophies and whether or not she can run a country, not the clothing she wears or the amount of kids she has.

So, kudos to Janet Napolitano--she has no family so she must not have a life, so she must be good to have a cabinet position...Did Tom Ridge have a family when he was Sec. of Homeland Security? But, I guess it doesn't matter because he's wasn't a woman.

1 comment:

Theodora said...

Kayla, I am so glad you came to blogger. I bookmarked you. :-)
Teddi