Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Change, Change Go Away, Come Again Another Day

I am a creature of habit, I hate change. It's unsettling; it makes me have that sick pitted feeling in my stomach that you get when you have a huge presentation--a feeling of dread.

School is ending; people I have shared 4 years of my life with everyday are leaving. I hate saying goodbye. So, much that I didn't actually say goodbye. No more talking about each other's papers, no more talking about loving lives, drinking too much, what you did over winter and summer break. No more. No more harassing each other about missing class or for writing meaningless English papers. No more lunches together.

It doesn't even make sense to say "hey, I'll see you sometime over summer." That's not the kind of friends were are--we're seasonal friends. Like a part of your life has closed and along with that goes the relationships in it. I don't want it to end. I don't want it to change.

Maybe it would be different if I were graduating, too. Perhaps not. I'm not even upset about not graduating. I just hate change.

2 comments:

Theodora said...

I hate change, I hate goodbyes and I am highly sentamental.. so it's basically a train wreck waiting to happen.
I found it very sad saying goodbye to some of my Senior friends-though I am glad I don't have to say goodbye to you for another semester.
This post made me sad!

Theodora said...

update?