Monday, January 12, 2009

I used to be a Bookworm and then I Started College

I just finished reading my first book that has not been part of some vast college reading list, but a book I've been dying to read for my own personal enjoyment. For Christmas my boyfriend gave me Eat, Pray, Love and it probably my favorite Christmas gift. I made a promise to myself that I would finish before school began and I have. I am so thrilled not only in my achievement of following through, but the book is something my soul needed.

Lately I've been contemplating my own spirituality, my faith, and life, really. This book couldn't have come at a better time. It's about enjoying life, destressing about life, balance and being at peace with yourself. Finding true happiness--you know the intangible things: material things won't make you happy, but taking pleasure in what life offers will.

I really fell in love with this book, few books have impacted my life lately and it makes me want to read more now. By the way, Elizabeth Gilbert is an amazing author, so in short, oh please read the book, you will be so happy you did.

No comments: